The Answers You Need
What is a PEV?
A PEV is a Personal Electric Vehicle. There are 5 main types of PEVs: Electric Bikes, Electric Scooters, Electric Skateboards, Electric Unicycles, and Onewheels.
Do I need experience to ride?
No experience required. Beginners are welcome! However, some PEVS have more of a learning curve than others. Here's some estimated learning curves:
- Electric Skateboards: ~30 min - 1 hour (without experience) | 0-30 min (with skateboarding experience)
- Electric Scooters: ~0-15 min
- Electric Bike: ~1 hour (without experience) | 0-15 min (with bike experience)
- Onewheel: ~1-2 hours (without experience)
- Electric Unicycle: ~2-3 hours (without experience - LESSONS REQUIRED) | 15-30 min (with unicylce expereince)
What is required to rent?
Upon arrival, you'll need to have the following items:
- Valid government issued ID.
- Credit card in your name.
- Closed toed shoes.
- Backpack if you have belongings you want to take along the ride with you.
- Waterbottle is recommended but we also have $1 water bottles available for purchase in store.
Where can I ride in Charlotte?
Check out our Ride Map guide for some cool spots to ride!
Do I need a helmet?
Helmets are provided with all rentals free of charge. We strongly reccomend wearing a helmet as riding poses risk of serious injury or death.
Is there an age requirement?
If you are under 18 years old, you will need a parent or guardian to sign your waiver.
The manufacturer's reccomended minimum age varries based on the product. Check with the specific product for age requirements or reach out to us and we can adivise accordingly.
Is there a weight limit?
Yes, the manufacturer's reccomended maximum weight varries based on the product. Check with the specific product for weight limits or reach out to us and we can adivise accordingly.
What if it rains or I need to cancel my rental?
Reservations can be cancelled for a full refund with notice of 24 hours or more. If rain or extreme weather inhibits the ability to rent, a rainy day voucher to reschedule will be issued to at no cost. Reservations cancelled with less than 24 hours notice will not receive a refund.